- TMF Awards Over $9M to DoT, FTC to Boost Consumer Protection The Technology Modernization Fund (TMF) announced two new investments today totaling over $9 million that will help the Department of Transportation (DoT) and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to improve consumer protection systems.
- DHS Shutdown Plan Sidelines 79% of CISA Staff The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) – the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s (CISA) parent agency – said yesterday that only 571 of CISA’s 3,117 employees would continue to work through a government shutdown – meaning that 79 percent of the agency’s staff would be staying home until government funding is restored.
- Former Air Force CIO Knausenberger Lands at SAIC
- DHS Adds Chief AI Officer Title for CIO Eric Hysen, Sets AI Policy
- Senate Confirms Michael Casey to Head NCSC
- Senate Confirms VA Deputy Secretary Tanya Bradsher
- Education, Health Officials Want More Help Mitigating Ransomware Attacks Officials from the health care and education sectors called on Congress Wednesday to provide better Federal aid to state and local governments to not only respond to ransomware attacks, but also to help prevent them.
- ONCD, CISA Must Resolve Info Sharing Weaknesses, Watchdog Says
- Sen. Warner Calls for Overarching Legal Framework on Foreign Tech
- Sen. Klobuchar Aims for AI Election Guardrails by Year’s End
- GAO Looking to Modernize Audits, Databases With AI
Join us to discuss the myriad opportunities and challenges presented by the growth of AI and ML, and how policy, practical experience, and investments in IT infrastructure and personnel can come together to help agencies make the best use of these powerful technologies.
- OSTP Chief: Biden’s AI EO Coming This Fall The head of the White House’s Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) said Thursday that the Biden administration’s artificial intelligence (AI) executive order (EO) will be unveiled this fall.
- Sen. Warner Presses OMB to Evaluate Agency Cyber IoT Policies
- Senate Bill Looks to Improve Federal Technology Accessibility
- FITARA Scorecard 16.0: EIS, Other Improvements Lift Federal Agency Scores
- CISA Unveils Hardware Bill of Materials Framework