The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is seeking a private sector partner to provide engineering, sustainment, technical and operational support for the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Cloud Storage programs.
In a Dec. 11 post on Beta.Sam.gov, the DISA Services Directorate Cloud Storage Branch said it is looking for support for its Cloud Storage Services Portfolio, which encompasses a suite of storage solutions that connect data producers, users, applications, and devices into a centralized and secure cloud storage platform on the Department of Defense Information Network (DoDIN) Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet) and Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet).
DISA anticipates that the contract would likely begin during the first quarter of Fiscal Year 2022 and work would take place in a combination of contractor-provided facilities performing unclassified work and all classified work being performed at DISA facilities at DISA HQ.
The Sources Sought specifies what information respondents should include in their submissions. Respondents should describe their experience in:
- Providing architecture, design analysis, and engineering of cloud storage on-and-off premise solutions.
- Providing application virtualization of software within virtualized desktop solutions.
- Virtualizing operating systems (OS) and performing OS lifecycle management.
- Engineering, design, execution, and lifecycle management of NIPRnet and SIPRnet network and communication architectures and related components.
- Creating security documentation and artifacts needed to obtain and maintain a DoD Authority to Operate under the Risk Management Framework, including Change Requests associated with new software.
- Conducting change management for DoD information technology solutions.
DISA also noted that the work being performed will require a top-secret facility clearance from the Defense Security Service Facility Clearance Branch and contractors will need a secret and/or top-secret clearance, depending on the position.