The U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) is looking to streamline desk and conference room reservations through a cloud-based solution.
The U.S. Marine Corps Systems Command Portfolio Manager Logistics Combat Element Systems issued a request for information to determine the feasibility of a hosted cloud-based desk and conference room reservation tool. The cloud service provider needs to have a low-impact software-as-a-service FedRAMP baseline or similar data-at-rest and in-transit security.
The solution needs to:
- Provide access to a hosted cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) desk and conference room reservation tool;
- Scale to approximately 325 users for approximately 200 desks and 25 conference rooms to start, with a possible increase in users, desks, and conference rooms in follow-on years;
- Allow users to make both advance and real-time reservations for desks and conference rooms from a secure mobile app or website;
- Run trend or usage reports;
- Customize permissions for regular users to admin type users;
- Monitor workspace usage;
- Set up “neighborhoods” that allows only personnel from those neighborhoods to reserve desks;
- Remove spaces to enable social distancing;
- Manage private office areas;
- Open or close desks on the fly in case of tech or other issues; and
- Provide help desk support during business hours.
Responses, which are due March 5, should include the availability of services under existing contract vehicles such as Federal Supply Schedules, Navy SeaPort-e, or other Government Wide Acquisition Contracts. Additionally, responses should include the type of help desk services for both the mobile application and the website.